Saturday, February 5, 2011

Top 15 Favorite Horsey Quotes




No.1: If the world was truely a rational place, men would ride sidesaddle.

-Rita Mae Brown

No.2: I played a great horse yesterday! It took seven horses to beat him.

-Henny Youngman





No.3: If horses knew their strength we should not ride anymore.

-Mark Twain, Notebook #42

No.4: I've spent most of my life riding horses, the rest I've just wasted.

No.5: I ride horses because it's the only sport where I can exercise while sitting down.

-Joan Hansen

No.6: Anyone who is concerned about his dignity would be well advised to keep away from horses.

-Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

No.7: You can tell a gelding, you can ask a mare, but you must dicuss it with a stallion.

No.8: A canter is the cure for every evil.

-Benjamin Disraeli

No.9:It is not enough for a man to know how to ride, he must know how to fall.

No.10: The ears never lie.
-Don Burt
No.11: Speak your mind, but ride a fast horse.
No.11:I Saw a child who couldn't walk, sit on a horse and laugh and talk, I saw a child who could only cralw, mount a horse and sit up tall, I saw a child who was born of strife, take up and hold the reins of his life. And that same child was here to say, thank you God for showing me the way.
-John Anthony Davis
No.12: To be loved by a horse should fill us with awe- for we have not deserved it.
-Marion Garretty
No.13: No one can teach us riding so well as the horse.
C.S. Lewis
No.14: My horses are my friends, not my slaves.
-Dr. Reiner Klimke
No.15: Show me your horse and I will tell you who you are.
-English proverb
I hope you enjoied them you can find lots more in a book I love called The Quotable Horse Lover
Thanks ;o)













No comments:

Post a Comment